Friday, June 11, 2010

Hats, Hats, Hats!!


I suppose it must be nesting or something, but I have made 4 newborn hats for this baby so far. I love making them because they are so quick and portable.

The first two were plain old yellow and green "don't know what flavor we're having" hats.

But the next two were really fun.  I ventured into the sock yarn world and I love it!  There are so many fun and funky yarns to pick from that it's a little dangerous.  Really fun, though. 
I thought this one could be neutral, but it ended up a little "girly".  So we'll see if that one is a go.

 This one is my new favorite.  It is the Bedtime Stocking Hat from this book here with varigated sock yarn instead.  And on size 3 needles. 

Then after all of the hats for the baby, the big kids demanded their own.  I finished G's first, and it turned out pretty cute.  He likes it anyways.  Its also from the same book.

Then I made H one next.  Hers is also from the same book, but I have to say I don't love it.  The hat itself is a slightly awkward shape.  G is modeling it here because sister was busy. 


J's is still in the works.  It is a little harder for me to knit in the summer.  It seems to hot to be working on a hat.  But I have one all picked out and the yarn a-waiting, so it'll be going soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment