Saturday, June 12, 2010

Crafty Friday #1


 

I promised the kids that I would do a crafty project every Friday this summer.  Thus Crafty Friday was born.  It all started when we made a list of things we wanted to do this summer on H's last day of school. 

So our first Crafty Friday was June 6th.  We pretended that we were bugs and talked about how big a flower would look to us if we were that little.  Then I showed them some images of Georgia O'Keefe paintings as examples.  Next they drew their flowers with pencil and I traced over it with a sharpie.  Then we went to town with the watercolors.
 J's flower

J lost interest after a while, but H really worked hard on hers.  She added a sun and rainbow in for interest, too.  :)


All in all it was a pretty successful event!  I even had fun making my own flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment