Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crafty Friday #3

This time we worked on some cutting and gluing skills.  I had the kids draw a picture that I then outlined with a Sharpie.  Then I used an exacto knife to cut out some of the shapes.  Meanwhile the kids went to town cutting things from magazines.  I told them to choose anything that they liked.  They both did great, but J really was funny with the scissors.  Apparently he needs to practice!
Then we glued the the magazine clippings to a paper to make a collage.

H got a little help from her Aunt Molly after J was done and taking his rest.  H is a lot more committed and particular in her crafting, I am finding. :)
The final projects turned out pretty cute.  J made a spider web and H made a flower, an ice cream cone and a cherry.
I had to do this one too.  I went for a sewing machine.  It might end up in a frame in my craft room.  It's so bright and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment