I promised J that I would make him a hat just like I did for the other two. So I started on a hat from the same book again. It was a quick one and I really enjoyed it, but as I was finishing up the pattern I thought it looked a little small. Not small around, but short. And sure enough, when I tried it on him it was not quite right. I actually finished this a couple of weeks ago, but just got around to taking a picture of it. It has a cute cable right down the front and will match his navy blue winter jacket pretty well I think.
But its so short that it doesn't quite cover his ears. That just won't work here in Wisconsin. So I've already cast on another one just like it. I'll just make it a little bit longer this time! :)